Google Drive will synchronize with PDF Architect allowing you to open files from this storage drive and save files directly to it.
In the Open or Save As options you can log in to Google Drive.
- Click on the Menu in the left upper corner.
- Click on Open or Save As.
- Choose Add Account.
- Click on Connect next to Google Drive.
- Click Sign in with Google.
- Enter your Google credentials.
- Choose Next.
- Click Allow to authorize PDF Architect to access your Google Drive account.
You will now be signed in to your Google Drive account. PDF Architect will create a folder for your files and you will be brought to it.
You can sign out of your account at any time.
- Click Sign Out.
- Alternatively, you can click on the X next to Google Drive.
Saving a File
You can save new files directly to your Google Drive account. You may notice that the Save option is grayed out. This is because Save will only be used when you have already opened a file.
Instead, you will use Save as. This will create a new file even if there was an existing PDF.
- Click on Save as.
- Choose Google Drive.
- Name your file.
- Choose Save.
- Click the up arrow to change the Google Drive folder you are saving to.
- Double-click on a folder to access it.
Opening a file
You can also open files stored in your Google Drive folders. If the file is not already in PDF format, it will be converted to PDF as it opens.
- Click on Open.
- Select Google Drive.
- Double-click on the file you want to work with.
We have two additional modules. The OCR module allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image. We also have the E-Sign module that allows you to electronically sign PDFs and track and manage e-signatures in real time. If those modules are not available for you, you can purchase them here.