PDF Architect Spell Check feature will allow you to quickly correct any spelling mistakes in your documents.
Using Spell Check
Using PDF Architect’s spell check tool, you will see a familiar red squiggle line appear under any word that has a mistake.
When you first open your document, the spell-check tool will not be active. You can activate it at any time.
- Open the Edit Tab.
- Choose Spell Check.
The spell check tab will open. You will be presented with the word that has the mistake. If you see this icon, the spell check tool is active, it will disappear when it is disabled.
There are a few options available for you.
- Click Ignore if the word is spelled that way intentionally. This will remove the notification of a spelling mistake.
- Ignore All will ignore all instances of this word.
- Click any of the sound icons to have PDF Architect say the word, as it is spelled.
- Select any of the Suggestions and it will instantly update with the correct spelling.
- Click the plus icon to add the word to the dictionary, i.e. confirm its correct spelling. It allows you to add the selected word so that it is not detected by the Spell Check.
- Click the icon at the bottom of the Spell Check panel to view and edit the list of added words to the dictionary.
- Click the bin icon to delete the word from the list or use the Clear All option to clear the Word List completely.
You can verify the dictionary used when checking the spelling here.
- Click the dictionary if you want to change it.
- You’ll need to add these dictionaries to PDF Architect first.
- Choose the dictionary you want to use from the list.
- Click SET DICTIONARY.
You can choose to have PDF Architect use this dictionary automatically when you are typing.
- Toggle the switch under Automatic language detection while typing to enable it.
- Click Apply to confirm your choice.
Adding new dictionaries to PDF Architect
You can set up the dictionaries you want in the Options of PDF Architect.
- Click Options in the right upper corner.
- Choose Spell Check.
- Choose between the Built-In or Custom dictionaries.
- The Built-In option will access dictionaries installed on your Windows system. Any dictionaries available in your Microsoft Office applications can be used in PDF Architect.
- The Custom allows you to import any additional dictionaries from your system.
- Click on the + icon.
- Check the box next to the dictionary you want to add.
- You can choose more than one at once.
You can set a default dictionary for your work. This will be at the top of your list of dictionaries.
- Click on the checkmark next to the dictionary to set it as default.
Each of these dictionaries will be visible each time you use the spell-check feature.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the word list of a dictionary.
You can remove any of the dictionaries from the spell-check options.
- Click on the Delete button next to the dictionary you want to delete.
Other spell-check options
You have the choice of using spell check when you are typing in your PDF document.
- Toggle the switch under Check Spelling while Typing to disable/enable it.
- Toggle the switch under Check Spelling in Text Field Form to disable/enable it.
You can also disable PDF Architect’s ability to detect the language automatically. This means each time you use the spell check tool, you’ll need to pick the language/dictionary you want to use.
- Toggle the switch under Detect Language Automatically to disable/enable it.
You can also change the color used to indicate a spelling mistake.
- Click the circle next to Underline Color.
- Choose the color you want to use.
- Click here to learn more about custom colors.