PDF Architect comes equipped with OCR technology. This allows a user to edit the visible text found in images. This means that in order to work with a scanned document, it will be necessary for a user to have the OCR Module. Click here for general instructions on working with OCR.
You can apply the OCR engine while you are converting a PDF to a Microsoft Word file.
- Open the Create & Convert Module and click on PDF to Word.
- In the window which opens you can choose your page range.
- To learn more about conversion, click here.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- In the conversion window, you can check the box next to Use OCR.
- Click on Export to start converting the file.
When it is completed you will be able to edit the resulting Microsoft Word file.