PDF Architect comes equipped with OCR technology. This allows a user to edit the visible text found in images. This means that in order to work with a scanned document, it will be necessary for a user to have the OCR Module. Click here for general instructions on working with OCR.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.
You can apply the OCR engine while you are converting a PDF to a Microsoft Word file.
- Open the Create & Convert Module and click on PDF to Word.
- In the window which opens you can choose your page range.
- To learn more about conversion, click here.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- In the conversion window, you can check the box next to Use OCR.
- Click on Export to start converting the file.
When it is completed you will be able to edit the resulting Microsoft Word file.