The Scan and Recognize feature allows you to create a document directly from your scanner. As the file is being created, the OCR engine will be used to make any text editable. Click here for more information on OCR.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.
- Open the OCR Module and choose Scan and Recognize.
- Select the scanner you would like to use from the list of available scanners.
PDF Architect will detect any scanner plugged into your computer. It looks for the drivers of any scanners set up in your Control Panel. The default scanner will be the same as the rest of your computer.
- Check the box next to Native Interface if you would prefer to work within the software associated with the scanner instead.
- Choose the Paper Size from the list in the dropdown.
- Select the resolution, dpi setting.
- Choose your Color Mode and decide whether it should scan both sides of the page.
- If you are scanning more than one page, check the box next to Prompt for Scanning More Pages.
- In the Output section click on the Folder icon to Browse your computer and choose the save location.
- Check the box next to Deskew Scan if you want to straighten the image.
Now that everything is set up, click on Scan. PDF Architect will now scan your file and create the PDF.