While the screenshots in this article reflect Windows Server 2012 R2 Operating System, PDF Architect is fully compatible with Windows Server 2019 R2 Operating System.
Installing PDF Architect
You should install PDF Architect application on the RD Session Host server with the Windows Server R2 Operating System and add roles via the incorporated Server Manager.
You’ll need to download the Terminal Server build for PDF Architect to your server.
PDF Architect 7
- Launch the installer.
- Go through each step installing PDF Architect onto the server.
- Open the Server Manager.
- Click the Add roles and features:
- Confirm all the steps by clicking the Next button. In the Server Roles block, select the Remote Desktop Services check box with the necessary internal check boxes:
Follow the steps below to publish the installed PDF Architect application:
- Open the Server Manager snap in.
- Navigate to Remote Desktop Services -> Collections - > QuickSessionCollection:
The Properties block of the main Dashboard
- Click the TASKS button.
- Select the Edit Properties item:
The following Session Collection window will open.
- Confirm the necessary options in the General block by clicking the OK button:
- In the User Groups block, click the Locations button and select the necessary group in the Active Directory
- Click OK to continue.
- Confirm the necessary options in the Session, Security, Load Balancing, and Client Settings blocks by clicking the OK button.
- In the User Profile Disks block, select the Enable user profile disks check box to let users see all any disks on the PC and click the Apply and OK buttons:
- Navigate to the RemoteApp Programs block in the main Dashboard, click TASKS -> Publish RemoteApp Programs:
- Select the PDF Architect application from the list of programs.
- Once clicked Next, the following Confirmation block will appear where you need to click the Publish button:
- You will be notified about the published application, click the Close button.
The RemoteApp Program block will display now the PDF Architect application:
- Your end user will now open the administrator link in a web browser:
- User should enter the same credentials as he/she uses when logging in to the profile account:
The appropriate link appears once the PDF Architect application was launched.
- Click this link -> Connect -> enter the password one more time. As the result, application launched.
*NOTE: The PDF Architect icon will appear on the taskbar.
**NOTE: You can also connect directly to the RD Session Host server and use application.
You can always remove the published application. Any administrator can take PDF Architect out of general access, and then uninstall the application from the RD Session Host server.
Follow the steps below to unpublish the application:
- Open the Server Manager snap in and navigate to Remote Desktop Services -> Collections - > QuickSessionCollection
- Click the TASKS button in the RemoteApp Programs block
- Select the Unpublish RemoteApp Programs item:
- Select the PDF Architect application from the list in the RemoteApp Programs block of the opened dialog.
- Click Next:
- Click the Unpublish button in the Confirmation block:
- You will be notified about the unpublished application, simply click the Close button.
The RemoteApp Program block on the Dashboard won`t include the unpublished application:
- To remove PDF Architect from the RD Session Host server, navigate to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> right-click the installed MSI and hit Uninstall: