A bookmark will function as an interactive table of contents for your PDF.
The Bookmark management area can be located on the Left Auxiliary Panel.
- Click Add to create your first entry. You will have created your first Parent in your bookmark family.
- You can right-click on the Parent to access the ways you can interact with it.
- Choose Rename.
You will be able to enter your new name here. Click outside the box to confirm your new name.
When you next click on your Parent it will bring you to that page.
You can create Siblings, which are other Parents appearing before or after your original Parent entry.
- To create an additional Parent right click on your entry and choose Add Before or Add After.
You will see your new entry appear accordingly:
You do not have to apply an action to any Parent. You can create subsections appearing under each Parent creating your customized navigation tree.
- Right-click on any Parent and choose the Add Child option.
You will see the Child appear under the Parent you selected.
- To view a full bookmark tree, click the three dots icon in the Bookmarks panel and select the Expand All option.
- To select a range of bookmarks hold the Ctrl button and start clicking the required bookmarks.
- To delete a bookmark, right-click and choose Delete or select it and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
Starting from PDF Architect 9 you can create and apply bookmarks within merged documents. If you need to merge multiple files that already contain any bookmarks, they will be preserved upon merging, and you will see a list of them in the Bookmarks panel.
We have two additional modules. The OCR module allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image. We also have the E-Sign module that allows you to electronically sign PDFs and track and manage e-signatures in real time. If those modules are not available for you, you can purchase them here.