Depending on when and where you got your PDF Architect license you may have a license key or your product may be managed through your PDF Architect Account.
We'll cover the following topics:
- Transferring a license managed through your account
- Transferring a license managed with a license key
Transferring a License Managed Through your Account
Your product is linked to your Architect PDF account. When you sign into PDF Architect on your new device, your license will transfer.
- Click on the Login logo in the top right corner.
- Choose SIGN IN.
- You can sign in with (Google / Facebook / Microsoft).
Or you can choose to sign in with your PDF Architect Account.
- Type the same email that was used while the purchase.
- Enter the password from your account.
- Click SIGN IN.
Once you have logged in you'll see this notification confirming your product is now activated.
Users with a Perpetual Product
When you will try to activate your PDF Architect perpetual license on the new computer, you will see this message advising you that your license is currently assigned to another device.
You are able to reset your license twice a year. Your license can be assigned to one device at a time, so you will encounter the window below.
- Click Yes.
This screen is appearing because your license has been assigned, you'll proceed to reset the assignment.
- Click here.
You'll be brought to the My Products section of the account area.
- Locate your product and choose the dropdown option.
- Click Reset license.
- Choose Continue.
Now your license has to be reassigned to you.
- Click on the dropdown next to Unassigned Licenses.
- Choose Assign to Me.
Transferring a License Managed with a License Key
PDF Architect license keys are valid for 1 use at a time. There are a few other circumstances that can require us to reset your license key, such as reformatting or upgrading Windows.
If you want to transfer your license key to a new computer you'll need to:
- Contact our support team.
- Provide them with your previous key, order ID, or purchase details of PDF Architect.
They will reset your license key.
You can send us a message by clicking on Contact us on our main support page.
*You will need to enter your email address. A security code will be sent to you. Enter the code and click on Validate. You will then be able to open a request.