There are 2 roles that are available in an organization: can have (besides being a regular user in the account): the Account Owner role and the Admin role.
The Account Owner Role
- There is only 1 user that can be the Account Owner in an organization, and they are assigned this role when licenses are purchased and the organization is onboarded.
- The Account Owner has no limitations to their account, they see all sections within the account.
- ONLY the Account Owner can:
- See the My Organization section that contains the Admins and Billing sections
- Add and assign Admins to their organization
- Assign Admins to groups
The Admin Role
- Admins are given their role by the Account Owner. In general, the purpose of this role is to manage specific groups assigned to them and users in the Unassigned group. For instance, if a user is the admin of a group titled “Marketing team”, they will be able to manage the Marketing team and the Unassigned group.
- The account owner will assign group(s) to the admin to be responsible for. Additionally, the admin can always manage users in the Unassigned group.
Upon adding the admin to the organization, the Account Owner decides which accesses the admin will have. The 2 types of access that Account Owner can give them are:
- The ability to add and remove users from their group & the Unassigned group. However, they cannot add or remove users from groups that are not assigned to them. They can only add and remove users to the general organization account or to the group they manage.
- The ability to assign and unassign products from users in their group and the Unassigned group.